Villa Buena Onda is a luxury, boutique Costa Rica hotel located on the Golden Coast of Guanacaste. Perched along the hillside overlooking Playas del Coco, we invite you to our exclusive, 8-room adults only hotel to relax, unwind and allow yourself to be pampered on your special vacation. Just 20 minutes from Liberia International Airport, our location is ideal for a quick Costa Rican getaway or an extended stay.
The perfect blend of comfort, function and luxury, our guestrooms are designed to be your personal retreat. Each of our 7 rooms has its own spacious en suite bathroom with sumptuous bath products designed exclusively for Villa Buena Onda by local artisans Raw Botanicals. Rooms come with either one king or two queen beds with fine linens and full closets. For your entertainment, each room is equipped with surround sound and flat screen TV.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
The aim at Villa Buena Onda is to create a personalized dining experience. We provide three a la carte meals per day as part of your stay. Chef uses fresh local ingredients to create a menu that is a fusion of authentic local cuisine with an international twist. Chef will also offer recommendations and can make dishes to order (based on availability). Although we do not provide room service, if you would like your breakfast in your room then we will happily accommodate this. Alcoholic drinks are available at extra cost, as well as a snack menu throughout the day.
Our goal at Hotel Villa Buena Onda is to provide you as much fun and relaxation as possible. We may provide luxury boutique settings but we still want you to get out and experience as much as possible. All the staff at our hotel will be happy to make recommendations and to assist you with any activity. You may like to take a local stroll or just sit with a deck of cards in the garden, please feel free to ask. You can participate in our on-site activities as well as the adventure tours in the local area, or simply sit back and relax by the ocean view swimming pool and sun deck.
Villa Buena Onda was designed for your comfort — from the materials and furnishings, to the quality bed linens. We aim to create an adults-only and luxury environment to beat all expectations.
The Garden Room is spacious and comfortable. This room is equipped with two queen beds, spacious closet, private patio, modern furnishings and en suite bathroom.
Stay just steps away from our beautiful two-tiered infinity pool in one of our Pool Views Suites, located on the ground floor. Pool View Suites have spacious patios with hammock, partial ocean views, convenient, large closets and spacious bathrooms.
Located on the second floor, enjoy large private balconies with sweeping views of the Pacific Coastline. Ocean View Suites are spacious and inviting, with contemporary decor, exceptionally large closets and over-sized bathrooms.
This is the very best room complete with amentities like a jetted tub and stunning views of the Pacific. Located on the second floor, the Master Suite is spacious and luxurious, with elegant decor, a private balcony and an oversized rainfall showerhead.
The aim at Villa Buena Onda is to create a personalized dining experience. We provide three a la carte meals per day as part of your stay. Chef uses fresh local ingredients to create a menu that is a fusion of authentic local cuisine with an international twist. Chef will also offer recommendations and can make dishes to order (based on availability). Although we do not provide room service, if you would like your breakfast in your room then we will happily accommodate this.
Alcoholic drinks are available at extra cost, as well as a snack menu throughout the day.
- Cooking Classes – Join our chef in our gourmet kitchen and get your hands dirty. Prepare a typical dish of corn tortillas to accompany your afternoon coffee. A truly Costa Rican experience.
- Yoga & Pilates – Request a yoga or pilates lesson with our instructor and unwind tired minds and bodies. Please contact the reception to inquire about available times and prices.
- Spa – Our onsite spa is set up on the viewing deck providing soothing sounds from the forest around and wonderful ocean views. Please see our full menu for a list of options and make your reservations at reception.
- Guided walks of the grounds – Our Villa is set in the Costa Rican tropical dry forest and many species of flora and fauna are seen around the grounds. We are visited by many birds, monkeys and other native animals. If you would like to be shown around and have a guide tell you more please ask at reception.
- Afternoon tea & coffee – Take it easy, grab a good book and enjoy any one of our comfy spaces. Every afternoon we prepare fresh tea and Costa Rican coffee, enjoy!
- Happy Hour – 5-6pm every day is happy hour at the Villa. Buy one and get one free on our range of freshly made and delicious cocktails. Take your seat in the pool, by the pool or anywhere you please and make this hour a very happy one.