Meet Chris Dehner
Director of Sales & Marketing
Modern Vacations & Destination Weddings
Office: (832) 369-2828 ext. 510
Toll-free: (866) 369-1882
I am most fulfilled when I am learning, connecting, creating, or problem solving. I love learning new things and discussing ideas. I love connecting with people and learning their stories, experiences, and beliefs. I love photography, videography, writing, and creating music. I love the challenge of solving problems and understanding how the world works.
While studying Psychology and Philosophy at Texas State University, I became incredibly interested in the fundamental nature of reality and experience, and there are few things more capable of providing a transformative experience than travel. Travel allows us to step outside our routine and to connect with people from all over the world. We’re given insight into other people and their lives, and this provides meaningful insight into our own lives. Travel helps us make sense of the world and our place in it.
A little more about me…
- My favorite movie is… Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- My favorite musical artist/band is… Young the Giant.
- My favorite author is… Christopher Hitchens.
- My favorite quote is… “Don’t take refuge in the false security of consensus…” – Christopher Hitchens
- In my spare time I like to… Learn and to create art.
- My recommended travel tip is… To be present. Our thoughts and worries constantly try to pull us into yesterday or tomorrow, but travel is best experienced in the present moment; the here and now.